Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above,
where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
Colossians 3:1-3

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Panic!

The deadline for mailing manuscripts to the Florida Christian Writers Assn. conference is February 20, a mere twelve days away. So why am I on blogspot instead of WordPerfect? Good question! I have a book proposal for my novel to revise, an article to write, and a nebulous idea to develop for a second book proposal. I take strange solace in knowing I'm not the only one in imaginative and creative overdrive. My five WordChick pals are as intent as I am on thinking and planning, writing and re-writing. Our slogan is HIP/BIC (Hearts in Prayer / Bottoms in Chair).

I spent last week in Ohio. An unplanned trip -- my uncle died unexpectedly after heart surgery. The minister was right, though. My uncle did not have a heart problem. He was a sweet and gentle man who is now enjoying eternity. A sadness for us, yes, but also an occasion for seeing so many cousins and children of cousins. A joyful family reunion is being planned for September in the Symmes Valley region in southern Ohio. This is where our grandparents lived before moving their family north to the New Holland/Washington Courthouse area in the 1920s-1930s.

No surprise that it's much colder in Ohio than it is in Florida in the month of February. I saw snow, bought a pair of boots, drank cocoa, and cuddled up with a warm blanket.

One of my goals this year, after the writing conference, is to add to the family genealogical record by researching our feminine ancestors and writing about their adventures. And, perhaps, their misadventures.

3 comments:

Windy said...

Hey!! I didn't know you were blogging now, Yippee! I'm sorry to hear about your uncle! I'm glad you're writing again... I'll buy your book when it's published!! My friend, Stephanie, is working for a company called Living Waters Publishers you can google it and check out their website if you want. I'll have to search back for your comment. Love ya!

Julie said...

Hi Johnnie,

"Panic!" indeed! We've all got our noses to the grindstone.

Tomorrow I'll be at a field trip ALL day, but on Saturday I'm actually going to have over 3 hours alone in the house. Woo-Hoo! I hope to get LOTS of writing done then.

Blessings

Jean Wise said...

You better believe I am panicking. I am playing on the computer instead of working. what kind of fool am I???? See you in a few weeks!! Can't wait!