Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above,
where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
Colossians 3:1-3

Thursday, April 3, 2008

SEO

That means "search engine optimization," a term I only learned in the past couple of weeks. On March 3, I prayed for a specific financial goal for my writing and, though it was a modest amount, I wondered how I would ever reach it. Less than two weeks later, I applied for and got a position as an independent contractor writing SEO-type articles for a Christian website. By fulfilling my monthly contractual obligation, I will earn exactly the amount for which I prayed. God is so good. With this prayer answered, I feel free to devote most of my writing time to my novel.

Not that I've given up on the freelance publishing trail. Not at all! In fact, my story "Shared Eyes," about a puppy I raised to be a guide dog, is in the final round for consideration in an anthology. And an editor asked to see an article I proposed "on spec." My goal is to have ten to fifteen queries/submissions out at all times. Right now, I have four. But hey -- a gal has to start somewhere!

I love my little room and I love writing.

Check out http://www.wordchicks.blogspot.com/ for other successes of my online writers group.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray!!!!!

Arron Chambers said...

Johnnie--

I'm embarrassed that it's taken me so long to find you and let you know this . . .I was just reading "Beware the Little Foxes" again and I love it. You are such a good writer. Have you done anything with it yet?

I hope you and your family are well.

Blessings!
Arron
arronc@ccontheweb.com

Tabitha said...

Congrats!