On our spiritual journey for the next twelve weeks or so, we're studying Knowing God's Word, a Women of Faith Study Guide (foreward by Luci Swindoll). Through studying this book, we will:
- understand the reason we need to learn Scripture by heart and recall it every day;
- learn what's important in life and what isn't;
- be encouraged to have goals that are not only right, but also righteous (p. vi).
Bibles are "so commonplace, so readily available, that I think we sometimes forget just what we hold in our hands" (p 13).
Very First Bible Study Tool -- Cross References!
- John 17:5
- 1 John 1:1
- Revelation 19:13
- Colossians 1:16-17
- Hebrews 11:3
- 2 Peter 3:5
- Psalm 33:6
- a heart prepared to learn
- God's leading as we read the Scriptures
- an inquisitive nature
- to learn, not an accumulation of facts, but how to change our hearts